Saturday, June 23, 2012

First Post!


Hello!

If you are reading this now, it means you were lucky enough to stumble onto my blog... its interesting how the fates work.

I suppose you're curious about what this whole place is about.
I'll start with a mini-introduction of myself.

My name is Emily, I am currently 16, going into my senior year of high school, and I have a passion for nutrition and health. I enjoy reading health-related science articles, diet and nutrition magazines, and just learning everything there is to know about diets, nutrition, health, fitness, etc.

Most of my friends think I'm "the weird healthy girl", but that's a name that I accept proudly.

I'm a vegetarian (actually a pescatarian if you want to get technical) and have been for almost 7 years.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, I abstain from eating any sort of meats such as: chicken, beef, pork... basically anything with eyes. I used to not eat fish as well, but after doing some research and talking with my parents, I decided that since I am still developing, it would be in my best interest to consume more fish. So I eat fish. No meat. I do consume dairy products and eggs as well, I'm not a vegan.

I am also very physically active and enjoy staying in shape. I have been playing soccer since I was 4 and it has taught me many things about my health and body. Soccer was probably my inspiration for becoming so curious about how food and exercise can affect a person's life. I have played soccer at my school for my three years that I have been there and I have also participated in track and field intermittently freshman through junior year. To stay in shape I enjoy running and using various cardio machines at the gym. I also enjoy weight training and yoga (although I'm not very flexible!)

So basically my intentions for this blog are to pretty much write about anything and everything health related that comes to my mind. I'll post every day and see where it takes me. If you want e to write about a certain topic or have questions, please message me!

Thanks everyone! Let's see where this goes,

Emily

That's me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?